Friday 13 October 2017

Friday night again!!

Where are the weeks going to? They seem to be speeding somewhere, but not sure where. A friend was here today, and she asked what was wrong, because there is NO quilt on Max!!A very unusual occurrence.

I had a surprise visit yesterday from DD1 and family, who were on their way to Melbourne to visit DD3. GD2 is learning to drive, so it was a chance for her to clock up a few of the hours that she needs to accumulate to get her licence. I think someone borrowed my phone and took some photos, and I found this one of DD1 and GD3.


This morning I took my quilt off the machine ready for binding, and Ihave no plans to do any others for a few days, while I prepare for next week's quilt show. The quilts need to be delivered to the hall next Wednesday afternoon, so lots to do before then. I hope to have a few quilt kits cut and fabric packs ready to sell on our members table at the show. The binding fairy arrived today and is helping with last minute jobs. And I had a cutting fairy here as well, and Pat came to pick up her quilt, and sew the binding on it too.  I have a large pile of clothes in my bedroom, waiting to be washed, and the house needs some long overdue attention, after a marathon effort at the quilting machine. While I have deadlines to meet, I find it hard to look at other things, so the "other things" have built up. It almost feels like I have been let "out of school" today, and tomorrow there will be action. Just a few shots of today's action follow.

You might notice that this quilt is getting a black binding. A full photo will come when it is hanging at the exhibition.


Bundles of fabric ready to be packed.


Garden Delights getting its binding sewn on.


And the table was full, with 2 quilts having the binding sewn on!


Pat and Helen in deep discussion, working out the layout of the quilts for the show, and where each one is to be hung. This is a mammoth task, and they have spent days typing up the quilt entry forms for labels for each quilt, and proof reading all of these, and then laminating them. And now working out where each quilt will be hung, and the layout of the quilt frames to be erected.


There are some quilts that I have recently done, that will not be shown on the blog until after the exhibition, but I will show photos of mine that was finished this morning. I did have a quilting plan when I loaded it, but then things did not go to plan, and I spent a lot of time changing my options, and deciding on patterns. At one stage I did think about doing an allover pattern, and it would have been done days ago, but ended up doing a custom job! The fabrics are flowery and pretty, so I knew I wanted flowery, feathery quilting for it. (There will be fabric packs for this and other Antelope Canyon quilts for sale at the quilt show). Tonight I started sewing the Texture Graphics version, so might have a progress picture of that tomorrow.





The back view.


I think it is time for bed, ready for another day tomorrow. Be back with more newsfromjude soon.

Blessings, From Jude










8 comments:

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh I just love the floral Antelope Canyon... and you have quilted it beautifully! Love seeing you all so busy and productive :) xx

Susan Smith said...

WOW!!! You must be absolutely exhausted. Your workmanship is stunning & I'm in awe. I thought I may try one of the antelope quilts, but I'll leave those to the experts. Take care & once the show is over, relax for a while. Look forward to seeing the pics after the show is over.

Sue SA said...

Wow custom quilting really brings this pattern to life in another way, looks fantastic.

Raylene Edwards said...

It's a hive of activity between Judy muttering FF GG PP (cutting Antelope Canyon) Pat & Helen "discussing 14A 22C 41B & the fairies stitching & cutting its all a buzz 🐝🐝🐝

Chookyblue...... said...

You will catch up on everything...... Love the circle quilt.....can't wait to see the quilt having in the show......

Dot said...

Wow, Jude, you've outdone yourself quilting Antelope Canyon...it looks absolutely stunning!

Gloria N. said...

Love, love, love your floral Antelope Canyon! Your quilting brings it to life.

Jean McGee said...

Love the quilting on floral antelope canyon, you are very talented Judy no wonder people give you their quilts to embellish.
Busy time again so good luck wi the show . 😀😀😀