Wednesday 28 June 2017

Christmas in July is coming, ready or not.......

Another weekend of fun is coming up very soon, and Friday will see the arrival of a group for Christmas in July. I seem to be going around in circles a bit this week, with a few unexpected things happening, but hopefully it will all come together in time.

A few decorations have come out of storage......(and I think I shall stick to quilting, and not decorating!)






The gifts are all wrapped and waiting under the tree, (although they might find their way into a bag for Santa to hand out).


This is more in my line, and a large pot of soup is bubbling on the stove. I have been shopping, and the pork and turkey are in the fridge waiting to be roasted.


The tea and coffee station has been filled.


 And the fruit have filled my very special bowl that Michele made and gifted to me earlier this year.


 And while all this was happening, Max has dutifully quilted this large friendship star quilt today.


Tomorrow I will finish the preparations and last minute cleaning, with a bit of cooking, and maybe even another quilt??

The weather is dry, although cold, and there is a good supply of wood for the heater, to keep us all warm and toasty inside sewing. There is no set project for this weekend, just a work on your own things, and I know a couple that will just enjoy the company and the chatter.

In the next couple of days I will be making some alterations, and additions to the scheduled retreat page, so stay tuned for that. I will post when I have done that.

Blessings, From Jude



2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Preparations seem well under way & hope you all have a fun time. Yes, it is cold & dry here too, but we sure need some rain. Only 20mm here so far for June! I should be able to get back to my mystery case quilt (& a few others) now that we have been to Sydney. Exhausting, but great. Take care.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Oh what fun! I'm sure you'll have a great weekend and looking forward to seeing pics of everyone enjoying! xx