Sunday 12 February 2017

Sunday evening update

Time to do a quick post to finish the week with newsfromjude, before tomorrow, when it all starts again. It only seems like yesterday that the calendar turned over to 2017, and here we are almost half way through February.

I arrived home from my grandma duties late last night, and it was close to midnight when I went to bed. It was a late start to the day this morning, which is very unusual for me. It was lovely to spend time with family, and some time was spent keeping cool in their swimming pool.


GD1 made delicious Malteser cheesecakes, with granny offering only minimal assistance.


And we were visited by Miss Bridie and her mum. It doesn't take long for young ones to learn how to "swipe" and scroll and click the modern technology. It makes me wonder what life will be like in 50 years time from now, when so much is there, at the click of a button, now.


We are all getting excited as the wedding is less than 4 weeks away now!

Apparently there was a special sort of moon out last night, and I noticed it was very bright as I was driving home. I stopped to take a photo, but it is a bit blurry. My excuse is I have a new phone, and maybe I need to learn a bit more about taking photos on it.


I have spent most of the day in the garden, catching up with watering, and weeding, and digging, and pruning, and raking, and making the most of a 22 deg day! I was almost cold, but kept busy, and I will certainly not complain of the cold. And reading of some of the northern parts of our country, I don't think I should complain of 3 days of temps over 40 either!

I have made some changes to the scheduled retreats page this weekend, and added in a date for Embellished quilts classes in April. The dates for the August mystery have changed too, and it will now commence on Saturday at lunch time, until the Monday afternoon. I still have some space in this, so would love to hear from you if you can join us. The Quilt Gallery page has also been added too, as I have located a few more photos of quilts that I have made.

Another event that is eagerly anticipated, is the 2 Michele Hill retreats, commencing on the 24th February. Thankyou Michele for agreeing to stay longer, to accommodate the ladies wanting to attend.

Tomorrow it is back to the quilting machine, and I have a wedding ring quilt on that is being custom quilted. Hopefully that will be finished tomorrow, and then a couple more customs to do by the end of the week.

Remember that there is only 4 more days to enter the competition to guess how many customer quilts I have completed in 15 years. I am loving the comments, and how you are coming to your conclusions. So far I have heard from 16 people, which is fantastic. Thankyou. And welcome to some new readers, that have introduced themselves.

Catch ya soon.

Blessings, From Jude







1 comment:

Susan Smith said...

The cooler weather has been great, but we do live in the oddest country with what was thrown at us over the last week. Heatwaves, fires, flooding, near cyclones & for us a couple of milder than expected days. I suppose 'that's life' for you! For some unknown reason, I just did some calculations on the 15 years of customer service & realise I'm so way out of the ball park, it is funny(lol). Well, that's just me. Have a good week & take care.