Friday 20 January 2017

Sweet 16

Just a quick post to wish GD1 a very happy birthday for today. I can't believe how fast time has gone since I first became a grandma. (She calls me granny though, because I have a knick name for her!)

Today she passed her test for a Learners (L) driving licence and has recently taken possession of a "new to her" car. It makes me feel a bit old, but that's what happens isn't it? Time marches on.


I have sort of got out of the habit of posting photos of the family birthdays, so better try to improve this year. There is another special girl turning 16 soon also.

And while we are talking family stuff, we are all looking forward to another special occasion in a few weeks, with the wedding of DS and his fiance. Miss Bridie will make a lovely flower girl! We have been collecting rose petals from local gardens and drying them, ready for the big day. This is my collection.

Blessings,
From Jude

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Happy birthday to your GD1 & hope she had a lovely day. Scary when they all start getting their L's isn't it. Have a good weekend & take care.

Sue SA said...

What a great collection of rose petals.....could make some lovely smelly sachets for your draws IF there is any "left over"!