Sunday 18 September 2016

Home again


I am home again after my few days in the city. After the children were delivered to their schools on Friday, I was able to make my way home. It took me all day, as I went to the plant shop, had coffee with a friend, had lunch with another friend, visited my mum and dad, stopped for a coffee, and went to another shop, all on the way home. Then I met up with another couple of friends, who then stopped off at my house on their way home for a tea of fish and chips. So it was well and truly dark by the time I was unloading all my "stuff" from the car. As well as my clothes, I had my purchases of plants, bags of compost and fertiliser, and lots of stuff for the pink auctions for next weekends "In the Pink" retreat. 

I did take a few photos during the week, but I "borrowed" most of the following from facebook, so thanks to whoever took these. The first is DD1 and family, where I spent my week.


The children gave me a thankyou pressie and card, and here it is being read to me.


DD2 and hubby had a night out last night, and posted this photo on facebook, and I thought it was worthy of posting on the blog.


And this was also posted on facebook yesterday, of Miss Bridie and Rusty having a bit of a chat! Rusty seems a bit serious, but Miss Bridie seems to think something is rather funny. (And I know it is a bit strange that a black dog is named Rusty!!?)


Yesterday I spent a lot of time out in the garden, trying to get some plants in, and pulling some weeds. I still have a bit to do yet, but things are coming along. Winter has been so wet and cold, that not a lot of time has been spent outside.

Today I need to get the pink auction stuff organised and set it  up "somewhere". And find the little pink purses with the "money" in, and put up a few pink decorations. I have a menu planned for next weekend, so a bit of time in the kitchen will be in order as well. The beds are made, but a bit of dusting, and floor cleaning would be a good idea too.

Tomorrow, it will be back to quilting, and to tell Max his "holiday" is over.

Time for a shower, and action in the house. Bye for now.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Jean McGee said...

Great that you had time with the children, it certainly gives you a lift. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday for then pink weekend. 😀