Thursday 25 August 2016

Quilt photo catchup

I have been looking back over blog posts and see that photos of recent quilting does not happen very often, and when I checked back in the files I see quilts from June not yet posted.

First is one by Mon, which was all hand pieced. She has my admiration, as my fingers are quite sore, just from sewing 2 bindings this week!


 And this is another from Mon, again hand pieced. I have quilted bees in each hexagon.



This was made by Bernie for a young boy, and I loaded it sideways and quilted a border pattern in each row, so that I did not stitch over the embroidered blocks.


This was made by Michelle, as a birthday gift for her sister in law.


And this quilt that was made by Chris, is quilted with Modern Waves, one of my most popular patterns.


This was made by Erica, in one of the Pick a case Mystery retreats, and was custom quilted.


 And another of the Mystery quilts, that was made by Val, and quilted allover.


This is Scrap Lattice, a Susan Murphy pattern, that our group made in a workshop, many years ago. Marie is on a mission to finish lots of her PHD's this year. I have one of these in my cupboard, that I did manage to finish at the time. A great way to use up lots of scraps.



And this was made by Bev, and was quilted way back in June. Very pretty quilt, and custom quilted.






Here is a photo of the wedding quilt, that is now finished, and nearly wrapped, ready for DD3 to pick up on Saturday and take home. This was quilted with Modern Waves also.


And this morning I have finished the binding on the baby quilt. This is also being picked up by DD3, and has been made for a friend. Quilted with allover clouds through the centre, and a border of stars.


That's all for today, as I need to get too and throw place some clothes in my suitcase and head up the highway again. Will tell you all about that when I get back. I have a few days of learning ahead, so might be a bit "brain dead" when I get back.

Blessings, From Jude



3 comments:

Linda said...

What a super collection of quilts, all so different. Like going to a Quilt Show.

Susan Smith said...

All lovely Judy and quite often it is you who gives me an idea for something I've had sitting in WIP's and must finish. Thanks. Take care.

Sue SA said...

Lovely quilts and some amazing custom work. Enjoy your time out in the classroom.