Sunday 31 July 2016

Christmas in July

Sorry it has taken a week for me to report on last weekend's Christmas retreat. As it is the last day of July today, I thought I better report in before it is August! It was another fun weekend where friendships were renewed, or made with those who met for the first time.

The Christmas decorations were put up throughout the house, and I meant to take more photos, but did not get the chance, but you get the idea in the few photos below.


I found some of last year's Christmas cards and displayed them on the cupboard.





We had lots of Christmas nibbles, including the "trees" that I made.

I made a Christmas tree (use your imagination!)  with the star biscuits that the boys had helped me make when they were here.

One lovely lady made a small project for each participant to do. Thankyou Raelene for your effort in making these packs. They all loved them. Do you think there is a "tree" theme happening here??


The following photos are just a few of the projects each lady was working on.

Pat is still working on this candlewicked quilt that is for her daughter.


Raelene was a darling and put the binding on the pink raffle quilt, which I shall show you later. 


And Erica put the borders on her last Pick a case Mystery quilt.


There was more work on these hexagons.


More hand sewing by Pauline.


Checking out something on the Ipad as well.

Not all hands were busy, some were just relaxing!


Kerry was busy working on these blocks, to use up scraps, and she was very happy to make 9 of them!


In between all the action, Kerry took time out to spoil Gypsy.


Miss Bridie's birthday was coming up fast, and I had not made the quilt for her birthday present pram, so it was time for action. I had intended just quilting a piece of the fabric that was left over from when I made her baby quilt last year. But when I pulled out the left overs, I found a few half square triangle blocks that were already made. So I stitched them together and made a little quilt. And Raelene kindly put the binding on for me. Thankyou Raelene.




And here is the finished product, ready for the birthday girl.


And Miss Bridie, trying it out.



During the weekend, we had a visit from "Mother Christmas", who made a grand entrance, ringing her cow bell very loudly!! She handed out presents to everybody, and I have included a few photos.


 Mother Christmas had a bit of trouble with her hat, which kept tipping over.




And of course we had our Christmas dinner, of roast turkey and pudding. Raelene seems to sit in the middle of the table and ends up playing "mother" and dishing up our plates.


And another group photo to go on the wall.


It is nice to have Christmas in July, and enjoy a hot meal, and sit by the warm fire, when it is cold outside, and not the hot weather we usually have in December. Thankyou to those who came.

Blessings, From Jude



1 comment:

Jean McGee said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend once again. I am sure Miss Bridie loved her pram quit, lucky girl! 😀😀