Wednesday 1 June 2016

My workspace this week......

looks like this. I have spread into 2 rooms and 4 tables. I am making good progress, although only a little quilting is happening this week.





And it must be time for photos of Miss Bridie. First is messy face and all!


This photo is not very clear, because I snapped it in the middle of the video. I received this on the weekend, and is Miss clever making a few first steps, at 10 months of age. She walked about 10 steps before sitting down again. She is so quick, and always looking around for what she can get to next. It's a waste of money buying many toys, as she loves keys, remote controls, and things in the kitchen drawers.


It's the 1st of June, already, and winter has set in. We have had some rain, although not heaps. The temperature is in the mid teens this week, and the fire is burning. The weeds are growing in the garden, especially the sour sobs, but they will have to wait until after the Mystery weekend for some attention.

This weekend the Quilters Guild Valuation Panel are coming to Bordertown to value 34 quilts. It should be a fairly intensive weekend and I think a lot of ladies might get quite a surprise as to how much the replacement value is on their quilts. We do not value for market value, but the insurance replacement cost.

I had a "working" weekend away, where I spent the whole time glued to the computer screen typing up quilt instructions, while GD2 and SIL had a weekend away. In reality I was there to look after the children, but they are of an age where they pretty much look after themselves. Granny was "just there," in case! I think this might have been the first time I have ever spent the weekend while they went away.

Time to get back to those piles of fabric and get busy. See you on the other side.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Certainly busy Judy and hope all goes well with the mystery weekend. Cold here too now. Take care.

Jean McGee said...

Little Bridie has certainly grown and is just beautiful. Busy weekend coming up for you . Take care and will see you later in the year. Xx