Wednesday 2 March 2016

Blue Stars

I think it's time for more quilt photos again, instead of renovation news. You might think I have given up on the quilting, but there are still lots of photos in the files. Quite a few custom have been done in the last month or so, and this is one. 
It was made by members of the QGSA Valuation Panel, as an exercise to see just how long it took us to choose the fabrics, and cut and sew the block. We each did one block and this quilt was made using them. It was interesting to see the variation in times from us all.





Hope you enjoyed the quilt show this morning.

Yesterday I attended a funeral to farewell the father of my son in law. It was a very moving service in the local Lutheran Church, of which he was a member.  He was a farmer, and had achieved a lot in his 83 years, and was very active in restoring old machinery and cars. And it was nice to see DD2 and her family although it was brief.

Time to get to the shower and start my day. I have some all over quilting for the next couple of days, and then it will be time to paint the kitchen. Am on a count down now until it is all over, as I am almost over it!

Blessings, From Jude

6 comments:

Susan Smith said...

Lovely custom quilting. A few allovers will help you relax, ready to start on the kitchen. Thanks for the surprise call last night and will be in touch by the end of the week. Look forward to the retreat. Take care and stay cool.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt and superb quilting Judy. I look forward to a lovely cuppa in your 'new' house. See you in April I hope xxxxxx

Sue SA said...

Stunning quilting and a lovely block to use for a group quilt. Nothing beats 2 colour quilts, especially all that lovely space for custom work! Hope its not too hot for your painting.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jude
I went round in circles but I think it will be OK!
The quilt is beautiful and the quilting is just stunning!
Will see you in April but will talk before then.
Breathe deeply and carry on! xx

Anonymous said...

Wow!! It worked! Just need to remember for next time or
maybe comment more often! There's a thought! xx

Vicki W said...

That's a beautiful quilt!