Tuesday 22 March 2016

Back to quilts


A few weeks ago I quilted the following quilt which was made by Shirley of  Quilters Harvest. The pattern is called "All about Baskets" and is a BOM available from Quilters Harvest of Warracknabeal. A very pretty quilt in lovely soft colours, and I am sure they would be pleased to hear from you if you wish to order the BOM. It is a mix of piecing, and applique.










Hopefully the future has more quilt photos than renovation ones, and might include some of my projects too. I was going to call them my UFO's, but I think I might say PHD's, as that sounds much more intelligent, don't you think?  I hope to finish piecing the "wedding" quilt this weekend. I definitely need to get this done as the wedding was more than 3 months ago.!! They are a bit worried about how long I might take to make it, because I started a quilt for DD3 when she was about 18 years old, and it is not finished yet. (She is now in her 30's!!!)

I have some all over quilting to be done today, and a bedroom to clear of all the "decluttered" stuff, so that Val can sleep in the bed this weekend. Yesterday I shifted the rubbish from the pergola, although I admit that most of it has just been moved a bit further out, as the rubbish bin is full for this week. It will take me a few weeks to shift most of it.

Have a good day, whatever you are doing, and wherever you are. The weather here this week is just lovely, and would be good "in the garden" weather.

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Sue SA said...

I love baskets, what a gorgeous quilt, thanks for telling us where the pattern came from!

Susan Smith said...

Stunning and well done to you both. Take care.

Vicki W said...

Your quilting is beautiful! That one looks like it took a long time.