Friday 13 November 2015

Exhibition Report


Pat and I had a lovely time in Adelaide last weekend for the QGSA Festival of Quilts show. If you click on the following link, Winners list you can see photos and the list of prizewinning quilts.
As a judge I was able to choose a quilt to give a Judges commendation award to, and I chose the following quilt, made by Prue. I loved her use of beads, and bling to add embellishment to the quilt.
IMG_2079
Pat and I met up with Ali George, a textile artist who does lots of creative stuff also. Cick on her name to visit her website. We are looking at a possible workshop with Ali here in Bordertown sometime next year.
IMG_2080
IMG_2082
Mary Williams had a display of her quilts at the exhibition and was giving demos of her work.
IMG_2084
This is Mary’s prize winning quilt, and the stitching was amazing.
IMG_2090
IMG_2091
A photo of the Best of Show and the Runner Up to Best of Show.
IMG_2095
Lisa Maree Davis won Best of Show with her quilt called “Meeting Michele”, and you can see the photo below. The quilting on this was amazing.
IMG_2097
Vicki Jenkin won the Longarm quilting award for her quilt, called Pointy Plates, and the quilting on this is gorgeous. I love the border treatment of the dresden pieces.
IMG_2099
As a judge I had to bring a quilt to display, so I took Dresden Stars, which I made a few years ago, for an airing out of the cupboard!
IMG_2106
I loved Gina Burgess’ quilt “Gilding the Lily”, which had some lovely stitching on it in gold thread.
IMG_2116
Got to catch up with Faye and Lorraine at the show!
IMG_2128
And it was good to catch up with Heather and have a photo taken in front of the quilt that I quilted for her last year, which won a second in it’s section.
(Edited note..... When the section that included this quilt came up for judging, I was sent out of the room and did not take part in the judging of these quilts. I thought I better add this in case anyone throught that there was any favouritism in the judging.)

IMG_2073
The quilting detail.
IMG_2076
It was a great few days, catching up with so many people and checking out the vendors who had so many things to tempt you.

No comments: