Monday 19 October 2015

The Border Quilts

 

Our display of Head to the Border quilts created a lovely display, and a lot of interest. We had a sign pinned up to explain the concept and I think a few other groups will take this project up. I thank “Mrs Goodneedle” of http://strawberrypatchquiltworks.blogspot.com.au/ for the idea for this project. The members that finished this project enjoyed the challenge and half of the starters are photographed below.

IMG_1887

PA150006

PA150007

PA150008

PA150024

PA150026

PA150027

PA150090

PA150143

PA150158

PA150159

PA150160

PA150161

And this is my Feathered Roses, but not hanging in all it’s glory. I should have blocked this after quilting, but because I was in a hurry I folded it straight away, and was not real happy with how it hung. I shall block it before I put it away in readiness for someone who might like pink and green one day!

IMG_1755

As I am the Project Co-ordinator for our group, I now need to find another “challenge” for the girls for the next show in 2 years time! Any ideas for me???

Hope you have enjoyed my report on the Gumtree Quilters “Among the Gum trees” exhibition. Tomorrow it is time to get back to some quilting.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Michele Hill said...

WOW Judy…….what a great report of the exhibition…. and so many lovely photos too! Hope you can rest a little even with all the sorting out. Hugs xx

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Oh. My. Goodness!! This display is absolutely incredible; what a huge amount of talent and creativity in this group, you have truly all outdone yourselves on this challenge. Bravo!