Thursday 29 October 2015

Early morning visitors….


This is the view just outside the window of the sewing room, and while I was standing at the ironing board this morning, I heard a lot of “bird noise” commotion.
IMG_2010
This bottlebrush tree was full of activity, and I saw parrots, honeyeaters, blackbirds all flying in and out of the tree. My camera is fairly ordinary, but I zoomed in and got the following photos. The parrots certainly had an acrobatic “work out”, but the honeyeaters were too small and too quick for me to snap.
IMG_1981
IMG_1996
IMG_1994
IMG_2000
And you can’t see the action in this photo, but there were bees everywhere.
IMG_1986
and more quilts……
Lyn made this quilt for her son’s partner, and used old doileys, and tatting that had been made by family members, and a touch of blue.
IMG_1601
IMG_1603
IMG_1611
This garden trellis quilt was made by Mary, and quilted with an allover pattern.
IMG_1616
This quilt is called Lollipop Windmills, and was made by Val, and was a Paper Bag Mystery quilt at a retreat at The Sanctuary.
IMG_1617
The next 2 quilts were both made by Jayne, and quilted with allover patterns.
IMG_1450
IMG_1452
It is a month now since the move from The Sanctuary, and I still have a lot of sorting to do. My priority has been to get things planted into the garden here, before the real heat of summer gets here. I have made reasonable progress in this area this week, and have covered some of the garden beds with straw. I have also made good progress with some long overdue paper work that needed completing, and quilted a few quilts. The car has been serviced, and I have had a hair cut. All tasks that had been put off. The next few weeks will be busy too, with Adelaide Quilt Show next week, and then a “hen’s” weekend and then the wedding early in December. So there is lots to look forward to before the end of the year.
and a competition…..
I need to spend some time updating the information on this blog, as the Scheduled Retreat page is no longer relevant. In due course I will change the photos that are on there. In the meantime I am trying to come up with a new name for this house. It is the home of my quilting business, called Cornerstone Creations Machine Quilting, and that is big mouthful and too long, so I sometimes shorten it to CCMQ. I want a name to market future retreats that I will have here. The house is number 8, and I have considered Number Eight as a name. The house is on a corner, so maybe I could go with that somehow??? I am putting out a competition for my readers to help me come up with a name for the retreats. It is not a sanctuary here as it was across the road, as that was a very protected back yard, and you felt like you could have been in another world while there. But I am trying to close this in more by putting up a fence at the side, so it is more private. I still want this to be a place for people to come for “timeout”, and a place to create. Hope this info will give you some ideas for me. Smile
And this is a photo of my house at number 8, which is a work in progress!


You have until November 7th to enter this, and I shall have a nice prize for someone. Please leave me a comment, if you can, or send me a text, or email message, or you can phone if you like. And thankyou to all those who read my blog. I love to hear from you.
Time to load another quilt on Max, and then I need to go through my wardrobe and find some summer clothes.
Blessings, From Jude

5 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Why not just shorten it to Cornerstones Creations.

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

Beautiful Birds. How about CREATIONS @ NO 8.................

Sue SA said...

I am just channelling my childhood of hearing "Number 8 in the corner pocket" from that English show that aired billiards championships on the TV, about as interesting as watching paint dry! I will give the name some further more serious thought!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jude
Love the quilts! The garden is looking lovely and the birds are just beautiful.
A few suggestions - "Jude's @ 8", a touch of Audrey Hepburn!!
"Serenity"
"Creations on the corner"
"Creative corner"
"Calm at cornerstone"
..and Creative Chaos!!


Jean McGee said...

Hi Judy, I think a fitting name or slogan would be"relax and create at number 8" but I will give it some thought and maybe. One up with another idea. Love the birds in your garden, you are a woman after my own heart. 😀 🌺🌻