Tuesday 16 June 2015

80 Years young

Today is a special day for this lady as she celebrates her 80th birthday. A few of us met this morning for coffee and cake at a local cafe. I think that this very humble lady would have liked to slide under the table when we sang happy birthday to her! She is not one to make a big fuss and prefers to be in the background. But I thought this day was worthy of a blog post. She is photographed below with 3 quilts that were exhibited in our group’s last exhibition, almost 2 years ago now. These were made in the classes I teach on Embellished quilts, and have been made for her grandchildren. I love to see my “students” take my notes and go with their own ideas. Often I learn from them as well.

IMG_6825

IMG_6826

IMG_6827

Wishing you a very happy birthday, and many blessings in the year ahead. I look forward to see what you are working on next.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

paulineclark@Gmail.com said...

Happy Birthday dear June.A lovely gentle lady.Wishing you Happiness always.xx