Wednesday 8 April 2015

Progress report

 

I am still working my way through the quilt. so thought I would update you on what I have done.Today I have been crosshatching behind some of the applique. The lines are 1/2” apart, so it’s pretty intense. I am only doing some sections, as the top and bottom borders with the applique are very close. The first photo below is of my piece of paper, printed with the quilt. I have been drawing lines (roughly), on it for the past few months, trying to come up with a plan. The centre part will probably change yet, because right in the centre where the 4 flower pot blocks meet is a star, which throws my design out. So my plan for that will now change. So far I have outlined the outer border, crosshatched the 2 side borders inside that, framed the flower pot blocks inside that, and crosshatched the border in from that. And I have also SID all the border seams. I have not SID any of the applique yet. Lots of work yet to come, and a decision about what patterns to do inside the stars and flowers. This has taken me 2 days, although not full days, as I need to take a few breaks in between.

IMG_9950

IMG_9947

Time to call it a day,

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Wow....looking good...

Vicki W said...

It's looking beautiful!