Sunday 18 January 2015

Quilting update

Time for another quilt show. I found these that I have not posted.

First is Jenny’s quilt, which had a simple custom quilting treatment that gave the hexagons a different look.

IMG_9489

IMG_9491

IMG_9494

And this is Sherrel’s Paper Bag Mystery quilt that she made in the October retreat. Again a  custom quilting job, and you can see from the photo of the back the quilting is a bit clearer.

IMG_9496

IMG_9495

Another from Jenny, this time the quilt she made at the retreat back in April, quilted all over with a pattern called Modern Geometry.

IMG_9480

This is Jean’s quilt, quilted allover with a clamshell pattern.

IMG_9484

And this was hand pieced by Rosie, who loves to use up little pieces of fabric, instead of cutting up yardage. I basted this so that Rosie can hand quilt it.

IMG_9401

And now it’s time to get back to the white quilt. I spent yesterday working on the binding. I have 1 side left to hand stitch! What a marathon this has been. Hope to put it on the bed for photos later today. I still have some holes from my unpicking to get out yet, although I worked on that a bit while it was on the frame and they are almost out.

IMG_9545

Be back soon with another post about “other stuff”.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Love the "modern geometry" pattern.
White quilt looks good.....how did you quilt it?

Susan Smith said...

They all look good Judy, especially the two custom ones. Can't wait to see the white one in full. I find it hard to work in white, even with other colours. Take care.