Thursday 8 January 2015

Cooler temperatures

are here for a few days. We have had some rain, which hopefully has put the fires out. I will enjoy the next few days and Saturday’s estimate is for 21deg, When the last 2 days have been 44 and 42, that is a drop of 20 deg in the space of 3 days! Need to make the most of the cool to get some jobs done. Photo below is a visitor to my pergola yesterday for a drink in the saucer of the pot. Not sure who got the biggest shock, me or the lizard when we saw each other. It was too hot for me to stay out there very long, so not sure how long my visitor stayed!

IMG_9516

And this is what I am doing today. Unpicking what I quilted yesterday. After 1 1/2 rows I decided I was not happy and stopped. I have 2 hours work left. What took 1/2 hour for Max to quilt is taking me 6 hours to unpick! Still to decide what I shall actually quilt though. And this hold up was not in my schedule either!

IMG_9524

In between the job above I have been trying to sort out “stuff” that needs attending too. I have finally taken down the Christmas tree and put the decorations away until next time. Pity I could not leave them out, as they will all be out again for Christmas in July! And I even sorted out the things that I never use that were taking up space in the box, and deposited them into the bin! I could get quite ruthless with this decluttering. Next job will be sorting out all the paper work that has landed onto my desk. Either find a home, or it’s out! And then I need to send out some emails for the Aussie retreat which is just over 2 weeks away!  But now it’s back to the unpicking.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Susan Smith said...

Love your visitor. I used to hand feed one in Cambewarra with fresh snails. He was gorgeous and am afraid I've never seen one here although we had several in Warragul. That all white quilt is a hard one to put something on. Take advantage of the cooler weather as we will too.