Monday 26 January 2015

27 years on….

 

and another generation is about to be born. The new year has brought the exciting news that another grandchild, number 7, is due in July! Following is a photo of the scan, and  I know that this in is the very early stage, but modern technology is amazing, and I believe that I can see a family likeness.

20150107_164721

At the time I said that we did not have unltrasound scans back “in those days”, but when I was sorting out “stuff” in the desk recently, I found an envelope marked ultrasound, which is below. I obviously had a senior moment, and did have a scan for my last baby, but not the older 3. The quality of this scan is quite different and it is much harder to see any features.

img154

As exciting as this news is, I am finding it difficult to imagine my baby as a father! It is a reminder of just how the years are passing. But I am wondering just what colour hair the baby will have, and will the hands be dainty like the mother, or big like the father!  Already 2015 is shaping up to be an eventful one. I have had intentions on doing this post earlier this month, but there has been so much happening it’s hard to keep up.

Hope your Australia Day holiday weekend has been a good one, whatever you did. My intentions of having a week’s holiday did not happen, but I shall be back soon with a further update of newsfromjude!

Blessings, From Jude

3 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Congratulations, Grandma! There's nothing quite as exciting as beginning on a new BABY quilt for your little bundle of joy; can't wait for more news as this year continues...

Sue SA said...

Congratulations - hope you find time for a cot quilt or two in the next few months : )

Susan Smith said...

How exciting. Ours are all finished, but we do have two great niece or nephews arriving in May & August, so another lot of quilts for the UK. Take care.