Thursday 4 December 2014

A near miss

After I had completed the first row of an edge to edge pattern this week, I noticed a bulge as in the photo below. I was thinking that the wadding had a crease in it, and put my hand out to smooth it, and oops, it felt a bit hard for wadding! There is always something to be thankful for, even when “stuff” happens, and I was thankful that I had only done one row, and thankful that it was close to the top of the quilt, and very, very thankful that the machine missed hitting the object.

IMG_9296

Now you can see what was under the quilt top, and I could have badly damaged Max if he had tried to sew over this. But only a little unpicking and out it came, and just a few stitches to fix things, so that you would never know it had been there! Note to self, check carefully before you start next time!

IMG_9297

Hope you have had a great week, be back soon.

Blessings, From Jude

No comments: