Friday 28 November 2014

A quilt update

I can see that it is 3 weeks since the last quilt photo blog, so maybe I better catch up. Although I can’t say that there’s been lots of quilting happening, with all the other activities that have been going on. But, The Sanctuary is in recess now until end of January, so there will be some serious quilting going on until then.

First up is a quilt made by Bernie. It is an Anni Downes pattern, and Bernie tells me she is very new to quilting. I am amazed at the needleturn applique she has done for someone new to quilting. There are such tiny little pieces and she has such nice round edges. You can see in the 4th photo how small the snails and mushrooms are. This was a fun quilt to do, and there was lots of SID!

IMG_9130

IMG_9133

IMG_9139

IMG_9140

This was made by Lyn, for a new baby boy. I am not sure if you can see the border below, where I have quilted a teddy in a train pattern.

IMG_9145

IMG_9146

This is the Kali Star quilt, made by Betty with Westalee Rulers. Very striking pattern, and quilted all over with a rose pattern.

IMG_9154

This is Lyn’s quilt, which was made in the Paper Bag Mystery Retreat last April. I quilted it with simple custom, and even used orange thread on the white, which takes me out of my comfort zone. But I must admit, it took away the starkness of the white areas.

IMG_9157

IMG_9158

A Christmas quilt, made by Lyn’s sister, and quilted all over with Christmas Stars.

IMG_9160

This was made by Marie, and is a disappearing PinWheel block.  It is for someone who loves cats, so it has been quilted with cats walking across the quilt in rows.

IMG_9161

IMG_9164

Well, that’s it for today, I am stuck on an intense custom applique quilt for a few days. I think I have done enough for today, so might make a start on some Christmas Cards, while I am waiting for some special visitors to arrive for the weekend. I have a few activities planned.

The weather is warming up again, so will need to keep the watering happening.

Bye for now, hope you will enjoy your weekend. And to those in the US, enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

jfoster8 said...

Beautiful quilting...

Sue SA said...

so many beautiful quilts! I especially loved the Anni Downs one, great effort for a beginner! Enjoy your visitors.