Saturday 19 July 2014

Quilt photos update

 

It’s past time that I showed some more quilt photos. I can’t believe that the year is flying by so fast, and it’s almost the end of another month.

First up is a quilt made by Joan, using oriental fabrics and quilted with an edge to edge called Gingko Garden.

IMG_8244

This is made by Judy G, and quilted with Dancing Hearts pattern. I love blue and yellow quilts. I have a blue and yellow kitchen, and bought a house which is painted blue and white, so maybe I am drawn to blue?? I just love to see how people put colours together in their quilts, and even scrappy quilts work if you have one fabric to pull it all together. When I have finished all the PHD’s in my collection, I think I could be busy for many, many years just making scrap quilts with the leftover bits.

IMG_8141

This was made by Jenny, and quilted with a simple custom.

IMG_8143

Made by Raelene for a friend and a very open simple custom quilting job.

IMG_8148

This is Lyn’s quilt, blocks of Sashiko stitching put together.

IMG_8195

IMG_8197

Above is Erica’s quilt made in the Paper Bag Mystery weekend retreat, and quilted allover with Dandy and below is her Hidden Wells, quilted with Seaglass.

IMG_8200

This was a lovely showcase of pink fabrics, made by Liz, very simple but effective and quilted allover with a Meander.

IMG_8203

That’s all folks. Sorry about the lengthy delay in showing quilting photos. I have been doing some quilting in between all the other activities. And I am sitting by the heater on another cold day here, thankful that I have a warm house to live in. Now I really need to get motivated and finish a project I am doing for next weekends Christmas in July retreat. I am looking forward to another good time at The Sanctuary, catching up with old friends, and meeting some new friends.

Be back soon,

Blessings, From Jude

No comments: