Friday 13 June 2014

June long weekend UFO Retreat report

 

I know this report is a few days late, and I had intended to do this earlier in the week. The week has turned out not as planned, and with the holiday on Monday, it has made for a very short week. Realised this morning that it is Friday already, so better get too it this morning before I load the next large quilt.

The UFO weekend was just such a blast (??) and we all had a great time. Lots was achieved, the company was great, as always, good food and lots of laughs. One lady finished her quilt, and left on Monday afternoon with it quilted and even with the binding on!  A couple of girls went for lots of walks, and one caught up on some sleep. We listened to some great music and sat around the backyard fire for lunch, and toasted marshmallows. One lady ate her toasted marshmallows between 2 tim tam biscuits! (Sounds rather sweet and sickly to me??). We had visits from some special people throughout the weekend, namely Helen, June, Mignon, Michele and Larry. Thanks for calling in. We even had a special performance of “Dancing Queen” by Abba!! It was a shared catering weekend, and each person had one meal to cook for, which worked out great. I think the following photos speak for themselves with out captions!  Thanks for coming girls, and I look forward to doing it all again one day!

IMG_8115

IMG_8116

IMG_8117

IMG_8122

IMG_8123

IMG_8126

P1180488

P1180489

IMG_8129

IMG_8133

P1180494

IMG_8135

IMG_8136

IMG_8137

IMG_8138

IMG_8140

IMG_8141

P1180499

P1180507

I managed to fit in some quilting at home in between walking over the road to sew, and I quilted my Bedford quilt. And the darling Faye offered to bind it for me, and it has now left town to stay with Faye for awhile until the Bedford Mystery Days have finished. Thankyou Faye. It is very unusual for me to actually make, finish, and quilt one of my projects in such a short time. And I can’t blog any photos until all groups have held their Mystery Days.

I am also working on blocks for the raffle quilt as a fundraiser for the BCNA for the Pink Retreat which is happening in September. I will blog more about that soon.

Must be time to get dressed and start my day, it’s almost 7am, and the dressing gown might not be a good look for anyone dropping off quilts today!

Be back soon, with another posting for a special occasion today.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Unknown said...

it was an amazing weekend Jude, thank you - I even look relaxed , so the event was a success. look forward to coming and staying again in the not too distant future.