Thursday 15 August 2013

60 years ago

 

img066

Today is the 60th anniversary of the wedding of my mum and dad. This is their wedding photo, taken August 15, 1953. They were married in the Murray Bridge Methodist Church. We are having family celebrations this weekend.                                             

I have travelled through time this week, as I searched for photos of them for a photo board for the party. I have lots of albums of photos from years ago, but since I purchased a digital camera in 2004, I have not printed any photos, as they are all on the computer. I know I need to do something about this, although do back up “occasionally” onto a separate hard drive. Just another time consuming thing to do, to print some photos and put them into albums, where other people can see them.

It has been quite a journey looking at the photos, lots of memories, some made me smile, and some made me sad. There are lots of faces that are no longer with us, and wedding photos of couples no longer together. Just a reminder of how the years have passed, and also how old I am getting!! But also a reminder of some good times too.

Today is also the date that I was engaged, 41 years ago.

Well better get to work, lots to do today, more quilting, and planning for the Statler Users Gathering on the 23rd August. Looking forward to that, spending time with girls from South Australia and Victoria who use the same machine as I do.

Be back soon with another update.

Blessings, From Jude

1 comment:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

What a beautiful picture of a special day. Thanks for sharing these wonderful memories. Makes us realize just how fleeting time goes by. Blessings to you and your family.