Friday 7 June 2013

June 7th


This is the last of the quilts for May, so am almost up to date now.
By the time this posting is scheduled I will have returned from a trip to Adelaide and brought back 2 special passengers and we will be settled in at The Sanctuary with our feet up and relaxing! More about that in due course.
Below is June’s Kookaburra quilt, a pattern by Heather Ridley.
IMG_5913
IMG_5914

And I know its not a quilt photo, but this is what happened in my bathroom recently, had a water leak in the wall of the shower. By the look of the pipes, it had been leaking for quite some time. Hopefully it will be ok now, waiting for the grout to dry and will be using the shower again soon. It was fortunate that there were spare tiles left in the shed which matched. And also fortunate that this house has 2 bathrooms! The house would be close to 30 years old now. And that’s probably rather obvious by the dated tiles of my ensuite!

IMG_5916


IMG_5917
Above is another quilt by Sherrel, made with fabrics called Jewels of India. I quilted it with a Lotus pattern.
And below is Cynthia’s quilt, a snail trail quilted with a swirly e-e. Very striking colours, the black and white.
IMG_5920
I do hope you are having a good weekend, it is a long weekend here in Australia, with Monday being a holiday for the Queen’s Birthday! I wonder if this country ever becomes a republic, like some politicians want, whether they will take away this holiday? I am taking the weekend off, to do some sewing for me, and to spend time with good friends. The retreat is called “Finished is Good”, now if only I could decide which PHD would be good finished. There are so many of them, and I know some people list there projects on their blogs, but I am not going there. They would be on the list too long!
Enjoy your weekend, hope you have enjoyed the quilt show every day, just don’t get used to it, as I shall probably fall back into bad habits again very soon.
Blessings, From Jude

No comments: