Friday 5 April 2013

April 5, 2013

Hope you are enjoying the quilt show this week, as I catch up on blogging each day. I now realise just how slack I have been, not keeping up.

Below are 2 of Sandra’s quilts, with simple e2e patterns. The kaleidescope quilt was the first quilt that Sandra made, a few years ago, and she found this recently when she was packing up to move house. She is pleased to have it finished.

IMG_5548

IMG_5550

Found some nerines’ flowering in a corner of the garden at The Sanctuary this week, a nice touch of pink. I am looking forward to a show of colour soon from the seedlings that I put in last week. It has been a hard summer this year in this region and we are looking forward to some rain and the cooler temperatures are welcome after the hot season.

IMG_5561

Easter was spent with friends. all sewing for a couple of days. It was a lovely time together, and we all achieved lots more with the motivation and encouragement from each other. I especially appreciate the company, as otherwise I am likely to be putting on the next customer quilt. Good to have some time out for doing my own sewing.

And it was Pauline’s birthday so Helen made her a cake and we all sang! You can’t see in the photo, but Pauline was wearing some PINK rabbit’s ears on her head, Pity I cut them off in the photo!! Hope you had a good day Pauline. And the cake was yummy.

IMG_5576

Well time to sign off, I hope that all these blog posts will come in on the right days that I have set for the week ahead, and that by the time I arrive home from Adelaide on the 5th April that you will have had one a day! And I shall try to be more disciplined in future posts.

Enjoy your day.

Blessings, From Jude

2 comments:

Marilyn Popplewell said...

Beautiful quilts with perfect quilting patterns. Love seeing the birthday lady and the flowers make me smile.

Blessings.

Furball Farm Quilting said...

You've done some lovely quilting on those quilts Jude. I just saw your new baby, the Beaglier......... how gorgeous is he! Does he wander far from home? I've heard those Beagles have a tendency to just run and run and run if you leave the gate open!