Thursday 18 April 2013

April 18, 2013

 

Time for another update in the “days of my life”, I just can’t believe how fast the days are slipping by. Each day I plan what I want to do, and hardly a day goes by that the list is not completed. Have been busy with quilts this week, after not getting many done early in the month. Found some photos of quilts done in March.

This one was made by a group for their local hospital. Pretty butterflies, and lovely soft colours.

IMG_5553

IMG_5557

And these 2 quilts made by Pat S, with simple e2e patterns to finish them off.

IMG_5566

IMG_5568

IMG_5586

And above you can see what I have been working on lately, started in a workshop with Lessa Siegele, my New York Beauty blocks. Not sure how I shall put it together yet. I have 15 blocks in various stages, so will start to think about the layout soon. I would like for this to be a finished top, instead of languishing in a box for years, like so many other workshops I have started. Some people put a list on their blogs, but not sure if I would like to do that. I have about 10 projects in the quilting pile, and unless I start to put my name on the schedule, they will be there for a lot longer. The problem is I am not a very good paying customer!!

Well that’s enough for tonight, time to head to bed, another day tomorrow, and an early appointment.

Blessings,

From Jude

2 comments:

jfoster8 said...

I know...every now and then you just have to make time for one of your own...

Pinnylea Creations said...

This quilt has been donated to our hospital for use with palliative care residents/deceased. It's aim is to show families "that someone cares and their loved one is/was respected". It is absolutely gorgeous and will be treasured for a long, long time. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job.