Monday 4 March 2013

March 4, 2013

 

Once again I don’t know where the time has gone. Can’t believe that it’s 10 days since I posted. So we will have an overload of February quilts this morning. I was up early at 5am this morning, lots to do this week, and the weather is coming in HOT again, so I need to make the most of the coolness in the early morn. I am so thankful that I have an inside job, and don’t need to be out in the heat. We are so spoiled these days with air conditioners in most homes and cars and shops. In another lifetime ago, my life was on a farm, and some jobs just had to be done outside in the heat and or rain. And before those farm days, it was another farm, a dairy farm, and what fun (?) it was, milking in the hot weather, cows flicking their tails etc! So I think I have the best job now, working my own hours, and going to a quilt show at home every day!

Below are 2 photos of Michele’s quilt. A showcase of yummy fabrics in a simple design.

IMG_5351

IMG_5368

This is Marie’s quilt, very striking pattern, quilted in an allover design.

IMG_5375

Another of Michele’s quilts.

IMG_5382

Val made this (Louisa’s star) quilt for a raffle quilt. A good range of scrappy blues, quilted with an all over pattern.

IMG_5401

IMG_5413

Above and below, 2 quilts made by Jean, one above has footballs quilted on it,                and below, quilted with clamshells. (Took the photo in the wrong time of day as the light was shining through the window.

IMG_5416

IMG_5427

Above and below, 2 photos of quilts made by Pat, both scrappy quilts.                            I have decided that I don’t need to buy much more fabric as  I could make lots with all the leftover scraps I have. I have been trying to cut them up and sort them as recommended by Bonnie Hunter, but have got a bit behind. My intentions are good.

IMG_5430

Well I think that’s about it for this morning, its almost daylight now, and I need to go over to The Sanctuary garden and pull some more weeds. The lawn has crept into the garden beds and I am trying to keep it where it belongs, and should have done this weeks ago and it would not have been such a big job.

Have a gathering this weekend of Statler users in The Sanctuary, so have some menu planning to do. And need to load another quilt today and we have our local patchwork group meeting today too.

And a special happy birthday to my granddaughter, who turns 12 today!!

Hope you enjoy your day, whatever you may be doing,

Blessings, From Jude

4 comments:

Cathy Hetzel said...

so many beautiful quilts.....you certainly have been busy...the quilting looks great on all of them.....

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Wow Jude, you've been working at a blistering pace!! What beautiful quilts too! You certainly have your hands full this weekend,..... hope it all goes smoothly for you, and the weekend turns out a big success.

Sue SA said...

Lovely quilts Judy. I agree, we are lucky to have air con and insulated houses and inside jobs! So glad I dont have to milk cows by hand, by the time I had finished they would be lining up for the evenings milking!

jfoster8 said...

Beautiful quilting as always....dont work too hard.