Sunday 31 March 2013

March 31, 2013




Once again I am reminded of my lack of posting. I can't believe just how fast the weeks are going.
That's my excuse anyway. I have just been back over quilt photos and realise I have heaps of quilting to show. And if I am going to print my blog each year, maybe I need to have a better record of my life, in case anyone wants to read it after I am gone!! So I might put in a bit more info besides the usual retreats and quilts, feel free to skip that info if you prefer!!!
Below is a photo of a quilt that a customer sent last year, which caused me lots of thinking. I had this hanging up in my room for a long time waiting for it "to talk to me!"
If you would like the pattern for this quilt, it is available by contacting Linda on www.pinmoneyquilts.com.au.
I shall do another posting later showing you how I quilted it.

 
UPDATED SCHEDULED RETREAT PAGE
I have made some changes and additions to the retreat page, which you can click on at the top of the page. I would love to hear from you if you are interested in coming to any of the scheduled weekends.
It is always a great time of sharing with others while creating your next masterpiece.
I love to see the interaction between ladies that attend, who don't know each other before the weekend.
They have a common interest in quilting, and its not long before they find other common topics.
I have been fortunate to make new friends at The Sanctuary, and 2 weeks ago I had a visit by one lady and her family that I met last year. It was lovely to see you again Raelene, and what a lovely dinner we at the local hotel.

Next weekend is the EQ7 retreat, which I am particularly looking forward to.
And following that is the Longarm Quilters Timeout retreat. And another one has been planned for September, so put that in your diary to think about attending.

EASTER

This is the time to remember the sacrifice of Jesus for us, and to reflect on the meaning of this. How awesome to know that I am loved so much. Today is the day to celebrate the resurrection and new life.
Whatever your belief, I hope you have enjoyed time with family and friends.
I have had a time of sewing with friends, attending church, and spending time in the garden, and enjoying the cooler weather of the autumn season. We even saw a little bit of rain, which has been absent for a long period. Just a tease of more to come I hope.

Later this week I shall be spending time with family away. I don't like to drive on our roads in the busy Easter season.

Blessings,
From Jude
Posted by Picasa

No comments: