Monday 18 February 2013

February 18, 2013

Don't be shocked because it's only 1 day since a posting!!

Today has been a HOT one, topped just over 41deg, which is getting past what I can function productively in. This afternoon I attended a funeral at a nearby town, about 20 minute drive.
I have to comment that this was the most inspiring, uplifting farewell service I have attended!
Magnificent testimonies by the family, and the greatest legacy left to them by their mother was her faith and the example she set for them. A wonderful life well lived. It was a priveledge to know you Rhonda.

Tonight I have spent some time in the scheduled retreat page of my blog making some changes and adding more photos.

EQ7
I have scheduled an EQ7 retreat, taught by Judy Butcher of the Virtual Quilter fame. (http://virtualquilter.wordpress.com) Go and check out Judy's creations, usually at least one new one each day, and sometimes more. If you want to learn more about using this software I would love to hear from you. Bring your laptop with Electric Quilt 7 loaded and Judy will show you how to design your own creations.

There are still a couple of spaces in the Statler Users Gathering in March, and a couple in the Longarm Quilters Time Out retreat in April. Come and spend time for you, with no distractions and fully catered for.

(I will need to make a change to the workshop scheduled with Faye Packham in August, as I now realise I booked that for the weekend of my parents 60th wedding anniversary. And I think that is too important to miss, don't you? More details to follow.)

That's all for now, be back soon with some more quilt photos. Loading a custom tomorrow, and having a coffee out in the afternoon with a good friend for her 60th birthday.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU JEAN, HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY.

Blessings,
From Jude


1 comment:

Furball Farm Quilting said...

Amazing to think you had extreme heat, and at the moment we have extreme rain!!
those weekend retreats sound great Jude, wish I could take time off to venture over and relax. Hope it all goes well for you.