Thursday 15 November 2012

Another update

As the week is almost over, better make another posting, or I will have people asking if I am ok.

Welcome home to Helen after being a grey nomad for 3 months, travelling this great country of Australia.

This is a photo of 2 of my grandsons, taken a couple of weeks ago when I had a quick visit from them. They had spent the day on their uncles farm and looked just like little farm boys, and smelled like dirt and grease as well. Soon after this they had a wash and put their pj’s on for the 3 plus hour trip home, by which time they were asleep. But they really enjoyed their day out on the farm. My children all grew up on a farm, and my grandchildren don’t get that experience as we no longer have the land. So its a bit sad, that all those farm things are not part of their everyday experiences.

IMG_5075

IMG_5076

Another Bedford mystery quilt finished by Kath!

Below are 3 of Di’s quilts, all edge to edge patterns. The brown one is quilted with a chocolates!

IMG_5078

IMG_5079

IMG_5081

IMG_5083

Below is a photo of Kay’s quilt, that she designed after a workshop with Michele Hill at The Sanctuary last May. Entered into Adelaide Quilt show last weekend and won a second place ribbon!                 Well done Kay! Sorry I forgot to take my camera to the show or I would have put up a photo with the ribbon.

img046

Well, time for bed, have had a busy week, finished some quilts, and preparing The Sanctuary for this weekend’s retreat, Colour Therapy with Marie.  Today I have been shopping and cooking.

Has also been a sad week, with the death of 2 friends, one a fellow quilter and the other, our neighbour from our farm days.      Back then, I could never have imagined that years later I would be quilting for others and running a quilting retreat!  Farming seems like a whole lifetime ago.

Well that’s enough, be back soon with a report of the weekend.

Blessings,

From Jude                                                                             

2 comments:

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

As always, your quilting is stupendous! Those little boys are absolutely the cutest, just adorable. I am sending sympathy on the recent losses in your life, prayers for the families and peace to your heart.

Sue SA said...

Love the chockies in the quilting, I will keep that in mind for a future pattern!