Sunday 16 October 2011

Spring at The Sanctuary


I have been reminded that I haven't put anything up for a few days,(thankyou Faye!!), so here are a few of the garden
at The Sanctuary. THe garden is still a work in progress, and I am impatient for things to grow.
But I am reminded of how far things have come since I bought the house last November and
I shall be patient. There were a few trees, and some daisy bushes and not much else.
No garden edging and the paved area in the photo below was just stones in a back verandah!
One day I shall post some before and after shots, even if its just to remind myself!
This is certainly not a "modern" garden, am planting lots of things, some will survive and others will not.
It is a real community effort, with friends bringing me bits and pieces and some even planting them too.
Thankyou girls.
I have not spent much time gardening in the last few years, (and you can see this at my house!) and am enjoying
my time, watching the growth and listening to the birds in the trees.










Well that's it for another day, its a busy week this week, set up for our quilt show is on THursday.
I still have a binding to sew on yet, for the only quilt that I have finished in 2 years since the last exhibition!!
After the renovations of the last year, I am hoping that next year will be the year of finishing off my WIP!!
Look forward to seeing some of you at the exhibition next weekend, yes this means you Faye!
Until then, happy quilting or whatever you are doing.

Blessings from Jude
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

jude's page said...

testing

Christina said...

Hey Jude, I hope this gets through to you ok.

The garden at the Sanctuary looks great to me. Love the Iris.

Hope you enjoy the weekend and that you take time to recover from it.

Christina